Friday, April 29, 2011

Forgive Me While I Pout

My first race of the year was supposed to be this weekend. It was supposed to be my first half marathon. But, due to my back injury, that got nixed. So, I settled on a new race. It's called Run WITH the Law and it benefits the Special Olympics. It's a very small race (only 1.6 miles), it isn't being sanctioned by any of the local running groups. There aren't fancy chip timers and aid stations. But, it is for a good cause and we are only the second city in Kansas to take part. And guess what? I, being the golden child I am, have managed to come down with an upper respiratory infection just days before. Loverly. So, no running for me. I will still participate because I had some gracious donors. But, it won't count towards my 12 in 12.

On a happier note, I would like to wish all of my friends luck who are participating in marathons and half marathons from Canada to Oklahoma City and many places in between. You are all inspirations and maybe one day I can grow up and be like you!

No comments:

Post a Comment