Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Fork in the Road

Last week I hit a fork in my training. I was doing well on my 21-day plan, but the fork got in the way. On Friday I took my physical agility test for police officer. Yeah...not in as good of shape as I thought. I still passed (yay me!), but not by much. I was told afterwards that I needed to work on sprints and weight training, especially for my upper body. Well, crap. I wanted to train for distances longer than a block. So, now I don't know what to do. I know I need to sprint and I need to increase my upper body strength so I don't get injured at the academy. I don't want to be bulky, though. I still want to practice my distance running, too. Ugh! Why does someone have to throw down a damn fork in the middle of my road???

No comments:

Post a Comment