Thursday, October 28, 2010

Day 3...Another Run

Are you tired of me yet? I get tired of myself. I have a feeling I won't be posting every day, so don't worry.

Yesteday didn't go as planned. Instead of Jillian whooping my ass into shape, I napped. Then had something come up and ended up on TV. No, not really in a good way, but not the America's Most Wanted way, either. So, I guess yesterday was a day of rest. We all need those.

Today will be a walk/run day. I will do 2.5 miles of walk/run. Yes, I can normally run the whole thing. However, I am sticking to the training program and also doing it with someone who hasn't run in a while. Doing it this way is a good way to build up my lung capacity and my endurance. We do a 2/1 split with running 2 minutes/walking 1 minute.

Remember me saying on Day One where I felt like I needed to do more? (Did I? Maybe I need to go read it again.) Anyway, as I was at home that night, Hubs decided he wanted to run. I was a little shocked. So, I strapped on my shoes and went out with him. (Note to the wise: Don't run after eating a large meal..ugh) We did almost a mile and I felt pretty good.

I am trying to get my race calendar put together. I will post it soon. If anyone wants to run with me, let me know! I don't compete against anyone but myself.

1 comment:

  1. Rest days are good! And, how awesome that your husband wanted to go run!

    Good luck today and I hope you have a wonderful walk/run! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete