Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day 1...DONE! (and an intro)

Welcome to my running blog. I don't know if anyone will actually read it, but it's here as a way for me to stay accountable. I also want to track my journey. I say journey because this isn't just a short road trip. I am a late-in-life runner. I have sat on tukus, eaten lots of junk food, had 5 pregnancies and 3 kids and been generally unhealthy since high school. So, this whole running thing is new to me. I never thought I'd enjoy it. I used to tell people, "I only run if someone is chasing me" or "I'd rather roll around in broken glass than workout." Not the best attitude. But this year has been different for me. I don't know WHY this year out of my other 32 years of life. But, God spoke to me and told me to get up and get with it. And, for the first time in a long time I listened. I'm not fast and I'm not pretty, but I am out there doing it. I have had friends join me along the way and we are making it fun. So, welcome.

Day 1 consisted of a 2 mile run/walk. It was supposed to be run 2 minutes/walk 1, but it was my friend's first day out so I let her control when we did what. Funny, when we got done I still felt like I needed to do more. But, I want to do this the right way. Tomorrow is a cross training day. I am thinking either biking or Shred.

No comments:

Post a Comment