Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Goals

I know I have mentioned a time or a thousand that I am training for a half marathon. (Don't ask me how my training is going. It isn't pretty.) But, I also have another goal. When I made the decision to do my first 5K back in September I decided I wanted to do 12 races in 12 months. They don't all have to be 5K's, but they do need to be sanctioned events. This is my list of completed races:

1. Race for the Cure 5K (September)
2. Rosstoberfest 5K (October)
3. Prairie Fire 5K (October)
4. Pumpkin Run 5K (October)
5. Turkey Trot 2 mile (November)

So, I need 7 more to complete my goal. I feel really good with having 5 under my belt. I will be doing another one this month, which will be a 5K. Not real sure how the running in the freezing cold is going to go over, but I will give it a shot. I imagine I will take a break from races during the colder months. Not that I will be taking a break from training for them, though.

But, I want to set a new goal for next year. I want to set a mileage goal, but I'm not sure where to set it. I don't want to set the bar so high that the goal seems unattainable, but I don't want to low-ball it either. I'm thinking I'd like to run at least 500 miles next year. That includes training and races. But, I have another month to mull it over. What are YOUR goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment